Tina J. Owen, DVM, Diplomate ACVS
Assistant Clinical Professor
Small Animal Surgery
Dr. Owen received her DVM from Washington State University in 1992 then headed to Kansas State University to pursue an internship in small animal medicine and surgery. In 1994, after a year in private practice at Green Lake Animal Hospital in Seattle Dr. Owen moved to West Lafayette, Indiana and spent 3 years in a residency in Small Animal Surgery at Purdue University. She moved to California in 1997 upon completion of her residency and spent 17 years in private practice at VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital and was Chief of Surgery from 2000-2013. She returned to Washington State University and joined the staff in Small Animal Surgery in October of 2013.
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, 1992.
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington. Bachelor of Arts, Biology, 1987.
- Fort Steilacoom Community College, Tacoma, Washington. Associate Degree, Veterinary Technology, 1982.
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana. Resident in Small Animal Surgery, 1997.
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas. Intern in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery. 1993.
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons. Board Certified 1999.
- Member, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Member, Veterinary Orthopedic Society
- Member, American Veterinary Medical Association
- Member, Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology
Transsphenoidal hypophysectomy, Fracture repair, Management of cranial cruciate ligament disease
Associate: Comparative Orthopedic Research Lab (CORL)
1. Mamelak A, Owen TJ, Bruyette DS: Transsphenoidal surgery using a high definition video telescope for pituitary adenomas in dogs with pituitary dependent hypercortisolism: Methods and results. Vet Surg 43 (4): 369-379, 2014.
2. Cabrera SY, Owen TJ, Mueller MG, Kass PH: Comparison of tibial plateau angles in dogs with unilateral versus bilateral cranial cruciate ligament rupture: 150 cases (2000-2006). J Am Vet Med Assoc 232(6): 889-92, 2008.
3, Kube S, Owen TJ, Hanson S: Severe respiratory compromise secondary to cervical disk herniation in two dogs. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 39(6) 513-7, 2003.
4. Owen TJ, Lantz GC, Hiles, MC, VanVleet J, Martin BR, Geddes LA: Calcification potential of small intestinal submucosa in a rat subcutaneous model. J Surg Res 71(2): 179-86, 1997.
5. Owen TJ, Bruyette DS, Layton CE: Chemodectoma in dogs. Compend Cont Educ Pract Vet 18: 253-265, 1996.
6. Wardrop KJ, Owen TJ, Meyer KM: Evaluation of an additive solution for preservation of canine red blood cells. J Vet Intern Med 8(4): 253-7, 1994.