Clinical Associate Professor, Diplomate ACVS
Office Phone: 509-335-9420
Dr. Owen received her DVM from Washington State University in 1992 then headed to Kansas State University to pursue an internship in small animal medicine and surgery. In 1994, after a year in private practice at Green Lake Animal Hospital in Seattle Dr. Owen moved to West Lafayette, Indiana and spent 3 years in a residency in Small Animal Surgery at Purdue University. She moved to California in 1997 upon completion of her residency and spent 17 years in private practice at VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital and was Chief of Surgery from 2000-2013. She returned to Washington State University and joined the staff in Small Animal Surgery in October of 2013.
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, 1992.
- Washington State University, Pullman, Washington. Bachelor of Arts, Biology, 1987.
- Fort Steilacoom Community College, Tacoma, Washington. Associate Degree, Veterinary Technology, 1982.
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana. Resident in Small Animal Surgery, 1997.
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas. Intern in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery. 1993.
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons. Board Certified 1999.
- Member, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Member, Veterinary Orthopedic Society
- Member, American Veterinary Medical Association
- Member, Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology
- WSU Pituitary Surgical Team for Transsphenoidal Hypophysectomy
- Fracture repair
- Management of cranial cruciate ligament disease
- Owen, TJ, Chen AV, Frey, S, Martin, LG, Kalebaugh, T. (2018) Transsphenoidal surgery: Assessing accuracy of an image-guided neuronavigation system to approach the pituitary fossa (sella turcica). Veterinary Surgery DOI:1111/vsu.12906. PMID: 29797411
- Miller MA, Owen TJ, Bruyette DS, Scott-Moncrieff C, Ramos-Vara J, Weng HY, Chen AV, Martin LG, DuSold DM (2018) Immunohistochemical Evaluation of Canine Pituitary Adenomas Obtained by Transsphenoidal Hypophysectomy. Veterinary Pathology DOI:10.1177/0009858187810 PMID: 29925292
- Miller MA, Bruyette DS, Scott-Moncrieff JCR, Owen TJ, Ramos-VARA JA, Weng HY, Vanderpool AL, Chen AV, Martin LG, DuSold DM, Jahan S (2018) Histologic findings in canine pituitary glands Veterinary Pathology DOI: 10.1177/0300985818766211 PMID: 29665752
- Owen TJ, Martin, LG, Chen, AV. (2018) Transsphenoidal Surgery for Pituitary Tumors and Other Sellar Masses. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 48(1):129-151. doi: 10.1016/j.cvsm.2017.08.006 PMID: 29056398
- Noyes JM, Thomovsky SA, Chen AV, Owen TJ, Fransson BA, Carbonneau KJ, Matthew SM (2017) Magnetic resonance imaging versus computed tomography to plan hemilaminectomies in chondrodystrophic dogs with intervertebral disc extrusion. Veterinary Surgery 2017;00:1-7. PMID: 28834552
- Hardy JM, Owen TJ, Martinez SA, Jones LP, Davis MA (2017) The effect of nail characteristics on surface bacterial counts of surgical personnel before and after scrubbing Veterinary Surgery 00:000-000 PMID: 28657655
- Bierens D, Unis MD, Cabrera SY, Kass PH, Owen TJ, Mueller MG (2017) Radius and ulna fracture repair with the IMEXTM miniature circular external skeletal fixation system in 37 small and toy breed dogs: A retrospective study Veterinary Surgery 46:587-595, PMID: 28370231
- Mamelak A, Owen TJ, Bruyette DS (2014) Transsphenoidal surgery using a high definition video telescope for pituitary adenomas in dogs with pituitary dependent hypercortisolism: Methods and results Vet Surg 43(4), 369-379 PMID: 24467302
- Cabrera SY, Owen TJ, Mueller MG, Kass PH (2008) Comparison of tibial plateau angles in dogs with unilateral versus bilateral cranial cruciate ligament rupture: 150 cases (2000-2006) J Am Vet Med Assoc 232(6), 889-92
- Kube S, Owen TJ, Hanson S (2003) Severe respiratory compromise secondary to cervical disk herniation in two dogs J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 39(6), 513-7
- Owen TJ, Lantz GC, Hiles, MC, VanVleet J, Martin BR, Geddes LA (1997) Calcification potential of small intestinal submucosa in a rat subcutaneous model J Surg Res 71(2), 179-86
- Owen TJ, Bruyette DS, Layton CE (1996) Chemodectoma in dogs Compend Cont Educ Pract Vet 18, 253-265
- Wardrop KJ, Owen TJ, Meyer KM (1994) Evaluation of an additive solution for preservation of canine red blood cells. J Vet Intern Med 8(4), 253-7